"Up to 4 feet of snow is possible at elevations above 5,000 feet by Saturday morning"
you'd think that we'd be expecting some snow here. I mean, we're at 4,000 feet, and surely that's got to count for something, if the 5,000 feet and up crowd are going to get up to 4 feet of snow, right? According to our weather forecast, though, we're going to have rain all day, with accumulations (of rain, not snow) of up to 1 inch. Seriously, I'm a little peeved, because a) 1 inch of rain is, like, a good afternoon in central FL, b) a cold rainy day is so not my idea of a good way to start a weekend, and c) where is the snow already, people?!
So anyway, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a couple of things. So did everyone else. And why? It's going to RAIN! ONE WHOLE INCH! SO LET'S STOCK UP ON TOILET PAPER AND DORITOS! AND LET'S ALL GO TO THE STORE AT EXACTLY 4:15 PM!
Bleh.
And then there's the pain. I am, as it happens, out of flexeril. Which is good (because it knocks me out for, like, ten hours) and bad (because it works). I'm sticking with robaxin and naproxen, but I do wish the drugs that actually worked wouldn't also make me too sleepy to function. It's been about two and a half months of this, and let me be the first to say that such high levels of pain, on a daily basis, really can suck the life out of you.
So anyway. I thought it'd be cool to try to attempt Project 365. I can't say that the photos all (or even mostly) will be profound or wonderful, and in fact, with the unwilling characters I'm working with, it may not even be possible unless blurry pics count. But I did take these yesterday and today, which sort of works for me for now.
This is Steve; he's putting the seeds on Moon's Chia Pet (which is a tree, not an animal). I am still in shock that she dissed the guitar she got for Christmas, but was overfreakingjoyed about the Chia. 01.02.08 
And this is Emma, who was most assuredly NOT pleased with my insistence that she open her eyes. She's only about 90 lbs, and as she's still a puppy, she really needs to sleep so she can keep growing. That's why I keep waking her up. 01.03.08

1 comment:
oh, Natalie - it's so funny to hear you *asking* for snow .... and to think one short year ago you were freaking out at the extreme change from Fla weather! :) glad you've joined back into the snow freaks.
sorry about the pain - I know only from my patient's perspective that daily pain is awful. may you find the best way to deal with this, and decrease the agony ....
so glad that you've joined in Project 365. It's been kinda cool for me - and my plan is to document my life. Not just my kids and hubby and doggies (although, gee, what else can I fit in, right? ;) so far it's been very fun ....
good luck with the rain. jeez, at least the grass will gr ... oh, whoops. :)
Post a Comment