skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A contest
Mostly because I wanted to see if I could *do* it, I signed up to participate in the Stand Up and Scrap 6-week challenge. The proceeds of the kit purchases went to support The Alliance for Climate Protection. I knew I wouldn't win, but my goal was to complete the required six layouts - the associated kit was lovely, and I certainly thought the motivation and prompts would be a good thing for me. And it was...for the first four weeks. I even took my laptop on vacation, thinking I could finish the last two contest entries while on vacation. That's when I discovered a few very unfortunate things: my laptop monitor's calibration is 'off' compared to what I'm used to seeing, and even worse, the external hard drive I brought with me had mysteriously NOT copied most of my digiscrap files from my computer, nor had the download of my newer pictures been effective. So...I only did four layouts of the six that were required. And since that's more than I would have done otherwise, I figured that was pretty good. The announcement of the winners was exciting; there were some VERY, VERY talented people in the contest! And just my own little "hey, that's cool" bit of it is that in the second week, I was given a few (very few, lol) points for my week 2 entry, which just completely makes my day! Really, compared to what the better scrappers earned in the same week, it's a pittance, but the recognition is still appreciated. :D
Anyway, here are my entries, all of which were done in the last few hours before the due date, except for the "Two Sisters Cafe" page, and as it turns out, that's the one that earned the points, lol.


I really rather dislike the first one; I don't think I'd get it printed without serious editing. The challenge was to share a dream that is meaningful with you and that you hope comes true, and also, to incorporate (digital) brushwork. In fact, each week came with an "inspirational focus" and a "design focus", such as to incorporate song lyrics or to do a monochromatic page.
If you'd like to see what other folks did, you'll be blown away with just how amazing those scrappers were - there are some really talented folks! These links will only be good for another week or two.
Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6
And that's a wrap - I'm taking rX-strength Naprosyn, which works great unless I do something insane like try to type a lot (among many other things). I have a chiro appointment on Monday, and a neuro department appointment on Tuesday. I'm rather hoping the chiro will nullify the need for the neuro appointment.
2 comments:
awesome pages, and i have to say, i think my fave is the last one here. i love the sentiment, and the photo is so very cool. :o)
neat stuff Nat!
You are a very talented scrapbooker! WOW! Absolutely LOVE the "two sisters cafe" - what creativity! - Kristie
Post a Comment